Mandukaparni is a Sanskrit name and is known as Brahmi in Hindi, commonly known as Gotu Kola. It is a medicinal plant and one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda known from ancient times. It is basically connected with our nervous system and is considered to be a tonic for the brain. Read on to know more about the benefits this herb has for us all!
List of benefits of Mandukaparni
It has a lot of analgesics, anti-stress, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and many more medicinal properties which helps in reducing tension, anxiety, improving memory, and is even used as a rejuvenating drug. Following are some of the benefits that this herb brings along:
1. It is good for healthy hair. You can massage it on the scalp with coconut oil and Mandukaparni oil which can help in stimulating the hair follicles thereby preventing hair loss and graying of the hair.
2. It helps in treating skin diseases like erysipelas, eczema, leprotic ulcers etc.
3. It can help in enhancing the wound healing process and also prevent the formation of scars by improving the supply of blood to the affected area. It can also treat skin ulcers and other minor burns.
4. As mentioned, it is very good for strengthening the brain and helps in promoting the intellectual and retention ability of a person. It can further help in relieving stress, anxiety and act as a mood elevator.
5. Helps in detoxification of blood and liver and also helps to strengthen the kidney.